Pain has two parts: First, you uncomfortable in a specific part of your body. Second, there is your reaction. This is the “hurting” part that signals discomfort.
Pain warns you that damage is being done to your body. But, when pain becomes chronic and long after the physical problem has been medically treated, it is no longer needed as a warning!
Some discomfort is a reminder not to overdo, but the pain is no longer needed at the same intensity. The pain can still remain and this is when hypnosis can help you.
Hypnosis allows your conscious, critical mind to rest so you can be receptive to positive thoughts that help you to feel more comfortable.
In this relaxed state, you can use your own imagination to change your experience in a way that is acceptable and desirable and pleasant for you. So, with hypnosis, you gain more control over the pain.
When you are in hypnosis, you are awake and alert, but you feel deeply and pleasantly relaxed. And when you are deeply relaxed, you cannot feel uncomfortable.
Hypnosis is excellent for helping you to focus – helping you to focus away from discomfort and to re-focus on comfort.
My approach to Hypnosis for pain control works in several ways:
- When you’re relaxed in hypnosis, you can’t be uncomfortable. That is because relaxation is the opposite of discomfort.
- When you’re relaxed, you can let go of uncomfortable sensations and tune into other more comfortable sensations.
- When you’re deeply relaxed with hypnosis, you won’t feel angry, anxious, or guilty and depressed. Hypnosis reduces the emotional impact of pain in your body.
- During hypnosis your concentration and imagination is more developed, focused and powerful. Your Unconscious Mind, is responsive to acceptable suggestions, so you do not have to try to respond; it just happens on its own, just as pain happens all on its own. So, you can permit yourself to let go. In fact, there is a pleasant surprise in that you can discover a pleasant difference in sensation in your body!
- Hypnosis allows your Unconscious Mind to open, and with your permission, I can give your Unconscious Mind the information needed to help you let go of pain. You can learn how to do this on your own. This is what makes hypnosis so helpful for pain management.
Hypnosis works for medically diagnosed pain. You don’t to use hypnosis to mask the pain that signals that there is a medical condition that needs attention. We do want to use hypnosis to get rid of pain that has been medically determined to be unnecessary.
Hypnosis for pain control and pain relief is initially to help you into a pleasant and comfortable state of hypnosis and deep relaxation and teach you an exercise in self-hypnosis that will meet your individual needs. We can then explore different methods of coping with pain, while helping you to develop self hypnotic coping skills you can use on your own to feel more comfortable.
- Relieving tension and stress.
- Sharpen your mind.
- Re-program negative ideas and suggestions in your Conscious and Subconscious Mind that has been making your discomfort worse.
- Help you use your creative imagination to get comfortable and get out of pain.
- Help you resolve inner conflicts and thus, reduce stress, tension and pain.
- Teach you methods to distract and distance yourself from the pain.
- Teach you ways to alter and transform the pain sensations.
Call us anytime at (727) 200-8164 and we’ll tell you more about Hypnosis and pain relief.